Mapp press release: Mapp launches Mapp Direct Mail by optilyz
San Diego, 11 May 2021 – Mapp, the international provider of insight-led customer experience, has enhanced its marketing platform Mapp Cloud by integrating direct mail for tailored print campaigns into its cross-channel offering.
Michael Diestelberg, VP Product & Marketing at Mapp, comments: “As the lockdown is gradually lifting, the priority for retailers will be to drive customers back into their physical shops. Personalized print and post cards with QR codes are great ways of achieving that goal. The potential created by combining targeted online activities and physical advertising is enormous, especially since direct mailings can also be sent based on rules and behavior through our marketing automation solution.”
Direct mail connects online and offline marketing activities and effectively leverages touchpoints in the customer journey. Print integration enables marketers to complement their digital engagement strategy with physical marketing communications, such as letters, postcards, and more, which can be sent via a broad European postal delivery network. This integration is based on a partnership with optilyz, Europe’s leading programmatic print solution.
Direct mail can be used for a wide range of applications:
- Reactivation of Customers: After a period of inactivity, reach out to customers who are not responsive in other channels or do not meet double opt-in requirements for email communication.
- Second Order Push: Encourage first-time buyers to complete a second purchase and invest in a high-potential relationship with personalized mailings. This is also a good way to contact customers without a newsletter opt-in or non-existent email address.
- Abandoned Shopping Cart: Post cards can be used to create special purchase incentives for indecisive customers (e.g., through one-to-one image personalization or individual discounts).
- Churn Prevention: Prevent customer churn with exclusive and carefully personalized letter.
- Cross-selling and Up-selling: Increase sales of complementary offers by showcasing related products through brochure.
- Live Events: Send greeting cards on special occasions such as a customer’s birthday.
- Referral Marketing: Let your customers spread the word of your business and benefit from the fact that physical mail is often passed on to friends and family members (35% of all letters are read by more than one person).
Marketers and data specialists should always be able to focus on their core business instead of spending their time taming the technology behind it. With the insight-based customer experience platform Mapp Cloud, marketing decision-makers have more time for the essentials and can place their brand messages in the best possible way. Through customer intelligence and marketing analytics, companies easily and effectively gain cross-channel customer insights from data, which in turn enable highly personalized marketing activities. Mapp’s customers benefit from customized and self-optimizing cross-channel campaigns based on AI-powered predictive models. Automated messages can thus be sent in the ideal marketing channel, at the optimal time and with the right contact frequency. Thanks to powerful one-to-one personalization, maximum engagement as well as long-term customer retention are achieved.
Mapp operates offices in seven countries. Mapp’s digital marketing platform helps over 3,000 businesses stand out from the crowd. Mapp’s clients include Argos, Ella’s Kitchen, Expert, Freesat, Lloyds Banking Group, MyToys, Pepsico, Quint and The Entertainer.